(settings almost identical for Grandstream BT-200)
Connecting - for DHCP assigned addressing
Connect phone to network and find IP address on phone or server.
Connect to web interface using IP address. Default password is "admin"
- Change time zone settings
- Change password as desired
- Change "no key entry timeout" from 4 seconds to 2. Since these phones do not have good dial plan settings so you can have them dial immediately after a qualified extension is entered, this keeps the user from needing to wait 4 seconds after last number dialed before the call is sent.
- Change time server to local if desired. Otherwise make sure Internet is open to us.pool.ntp.org for the phone to get correct time and date.
- SIP Server: enter either "[server IP Address]:5060" or "[Server Name]" (if DNS server is configured properly)
- SIP User ID: Enter Zentyal User (or extension if different from user)
- Authenticate ID: Enter Zentyal User
- Authenticate Password: Enter Zentyal User password
- Name and Account name are not required. Name is used for displaying name of caller (versus number)
- Use DNS server: check as appropriate based on SIP server addressing above
- Unregister on reboot: check yes if you will be moving phones around to different subnets, otherwise IP addressing may be sticky.